1. School Librarian for September 2017
Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking an enthusiastic, adaptable and appropriately qualified School Librarian for September 2017.
Applicants must demonstrate:
• Have a relevant qualification in Librarianship
• The ability to run and manage a large library, preferably, but not essentially, in both English and Arabic
• The drive to make the library the focal point of the school
• The ability to teach students to develop a love of reading
• Enthusiasm and dedication
Al Rabeeh Academy is a brand new, purpose built school, opening August 2017 and is a part of a growing network of schools. An aim is to make the library the envy of schools in Abu Dhabi. The design of the library is exciting, creative and imaginative. Can you bring this wonderful library design to life?
The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. The founding school, Al Rabeeh School, is a successful, well-established primary school with an excellent reputation and was recently rated a Band ‘A’ School in an ADEC full school inspection. The school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and is committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a bilingual private school from FS1 to Year 13, delivering the English National Curriculum, alongside Arabic Language, Islamic Studies and Social Studies (taught by Arabic teachers). The successful candidate will be a highly committed team player with the drive, energy and passion to develop Al Rabeeh Academy.
Applicants must lead by example and ensure the library becomes the heart of the academy. Successful applicants will need to be sympathetic with the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh Academy, a school with a high population of Emirati/Arab students. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, manager and teacher who can use their initiative to ensure the success of their work.
• Competitive salary (tax free)
• An initial two year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
• A supportive team to develop your career
• The opportunity to establish innovative practices in a bespoke school
To apply please use the ‘apply now’ button and follow the process, or forward an up-to-date CV, covering letter and photograph to the Principal and Director of Schools, Ms Alison Lamb at email@example.com. Please indicate 'Librarian' in the subject line for the email.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd September 2017, but interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
2. Al Rabeeh Academy Social Worker
1. Provide a comprehensive academic and social counselling program for students in. Develop services to meet the academic needs and goals of students in years 7 – 13 and provide necessary support for programs from FS- Y6.
2. Consult with teachers, staff, and parents to enhance effectiveness in enabling students to achieve academic and social goals. Promote equity and access to rigorous educational experiences for all students through leadership, advocacy and collaboration and community outreach,
3. Co-developing a response to interventions with the Special Education Coordinator regarding students with specific behavioural challenges that affect academic growth.
4. Work with administration and the Special Education Coordinator to develop and maintain available data on students with referred issues or disciplinary concerns in grades seven through twelve. Promote academic and social growth through mentoring, Behavioural Intervention Plans (BIPS), and any other necessary planning.
5. Provide support to other school educational programs related to academic growth and related behavioural improvement plans (BIPS) in conjunction with the special education coordinator. This includes collaborating with administration, working in classrooms, and organizing external testing outside of the school with other specialized instructors.
6. Guide, counsel, and mentor individuals and groups of students through the development of educational and career plans.
7. Promote, maintain, and organise career, academic, and events in order related to student academic growth. Duties to include scheduling and organising speakers from universities, arranging field trips to universities, organising all standardized external testing at the school including supporting teachers or other scheduled external exams, developing after school academically related programs, and working with students to complete University or other applications related to transitional academic/social growth.
8. Counsel individuals and small groups of students with challenges that may hinder academic goals and suggest options for academic, social, and individual growth. Schedule meetings with parents for permission.
9. Consult with teachers, staff and parents regarding the academically related developmental needs of students including gifted students. Set up and be an active member of the Student Support Team (SST).
10. Assist the Principal and related coordinators with the orientation of new students, orientation and training of new staff, and the transition of students between Key Stages.
11. Collaborate with the school nurse regarding students with medical issues that may hinder academic goals.
12. Participate in, coordinate and conduct activities that contribute to the effective operation of the counselling program, academic achievement (including gifted programs and the SST), and school standing in the community.
13. Pursue continuous professional growth including ongoing academic development as required
14. In conjunction with the special education coordinator, develop community outreach programs and coordinate the PTA in order to facilitate parent, community, and school relationships.
15. Prepare comprehensive progress reports semi-annually including what has been accomplished during the term in terms of student progress and meeting goals.
16. Perform any other tasks assigned by the Principals.
• BA in Social Work or Psychology
• Must have excellent management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues
• Bilingual ARABIC/ENGLISH speaker preferred
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in School Social Work
• Culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
Al Rabeeh Academy are continually recruiting UK trained and qualified members of staff.
Please refer to our advertising portal at: This Link
Or send a Letter of Application, CV and recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org